1. DSCC CHAIR SEN. GARY PETERS TELLS MSNBC’S ANDREA MITCHELL: “WE’RE GOING TO BE ABLE TO HOLD OUR MAJORITY.” DSCC Chair Senator Gary Peters joined MSNBC Reports with Andrea Mitchell to highlight the “clear contrast between quality, strong Democratic candidates and, quite frankly, incredibly damaged and inferior candidates on the Republican side” – which is setting the stage for Democrats to protect and expand our Senate majority.
2. IN PENNSYLVANIA, OPRAH IS BACKING FETTERMAN & BUCKING OZ. Oprah Winfrey – the woman who introduced Oz to the TV spotlight – is throwing her support behind Fetterman.
3. IN GEORGIA, HERSCHEL WALKER IS TRYING HIS HAND AT DODGEBALL – DUCKING THE PRESS AS HIS LIES AND DISTURBING CONDUCT MOUNT. Walker is “dodging questions” after a second woman came forward this week accusing him of paying her to have an abortion – and saying “I felt threatened and I thought I had no choice.”
4. IN NEVADA, LAXALT REMINDS VOTERS YOU ARE THE COMPANY YOU KEEP – HEADLINES BLAST HIS CAMPAIGN FOR PAYING AN ANTISEMITE. Voters are reading a wave of news coverage is highlighting how Laxalt hired a staffer with an extensive record of antisemitism to boost his Senate campaign. Laxalt’s staffer called Jewish people a “cult” and likened abortion to the Holocaust.
5. IN WISCONSIN, THE MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL GOES DEEP ON HOW RON JOHNSON IS ONLY OUT FOR ONE PERSON: HIMSELF. A new report from The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel details how Johnson used his political power to benefit his family’s wealth.
TWEET OF THE WEEK