House Republicans are planning to waste more time with yet another attempt to defund Planned Parenthood and increase health care costs – the first votes of the New Year – and Nevadans are right to wonder if Congressman Joe Heck will stand with them or with his friends in Washington. Congressman Heck has already voted 8 times to defund Planned Parenthood. And on top of getting $35,000 in Koch cash, he’s also been showered with ads from a Koch front group to thank him for voting to make health care less accessible for Nevadans. Congressman Heck has a choice – he can vote to protect Nevadans or he can keep his special interest backers happy.
Defunding Planned Parenthood and repealing the Affordable Care Act would have disastrous effects for Nevada families, including:
- Limiting safe and affordable access to healthcare services for over 21,000 patients in Nevada who relied on Planned Parenthood last year.
- Preventing 174,000 eligible Nevadans from benefitting from Medicaid expansion, should the program be phased out if the Affordable Care Act was repealed.
- Raise taxes for nearly 50,000 Nevadans by repealing the Affordable Care Act.
“Time and again, Congressman Heck has voted to prioritize the needs of his corporate, special interest backers over what’s best for Nevada families,” said Lauren Passalacqua, DSCC National Press Secretary. “Nevada deserves a Senator who will protect women’s access to healthcare, not sell out to bankroll his campaign ambitions.”
HECK HAS VOTED TO DEFUND PLANNED PARENTHOOD, WHICH SERVED MORE THAN 21,000 NEVADA PATIENTS, EIGHT TIMES
September 2015: Heck Voted Five Times To Bar Use Of Funds For Planned Parenthood:
- Heck Voted Twice To Advance Bill To Bar Use Of Funds For Planned Parenthood. [CQ, 9/17/15; H.Res.421, Vote 502,9/17/15; CQ, 9/17/15; H.Res.421, Vote 503, 9/17/15]
- Heck Voted To Advance Concurrent Resolution That Would Bar Use Of Funds For Planned Parenthood. [CQ, 9/30/15; H.Res. 448, Vote 525, 9/30/15]
- Heck Voted For Concurrent Resolution To Bar Use Of Funds For Planned Parenthood. [CQ, 9/30/15; H.Con.Res. 79, Vote 527, 9/30/15]
Planned Parenthood Served More Than 21,000 Patients In Nevada. According to Planned Parenthood, it served 21,910 patients in Nevada. [Planned Parenthood, 7/15]