The DSCC is the branch of the Democratic Party committed to electing more Democrats to the United States Senate. We are seeking energetic and hard-working undergraduate students to join our DSCC internship program to help accomplish the goal of retaking the Senate majority for the upcoming sessions.
An internship opportunity with the DSCC is a one-of-a-kind experience in the Nation’s Capitol that helps students learn more about the American political process as well as the Democratic Party. As an intern at the DSCC, you will have the chance to meet Democratic senators, candidates, and staff from across the country as well as familiarizing yourself with the basics of campaigns.
As a DSCC intern, your tasks and projects are changing frequently, providing each intern with a greater understanding of how the DSCC operates. With this office style in mind, we are interested in candidates who are willing to be flexible and work within multiple areas of interest.
DSCC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INFORMATION
Internships with the DSCC run throughout the spring, summer, and fall semester. Start and end dates are determined on a case-by-case basis. Below are application deadlines for upcoming sessions:
- Fall 2020 – Applications for the fall 2020 session will be accepted until September 14, 2020, on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in applying for the DSCC internship program, please send the following application materials to [email protected].
- A current resume including your contact information.
- A cover letter including the days you are available, as well as your preferred start and end dates.
- One letter of recommendation and two additional references with contact information, preferably one academic reference, one professional reference, and one reference of choice
- An unofficial transcript or form of verification for current enrollment and GPA.
If sanctioned by your school, this internship is available for college credit.
If you would like more details about the DSCC intern program, please contact the DSCC at 202-224-2447 or email [email protected]
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
The DSCC is committed to providing an equal opportunity internship program, without regard to sex, gender, physical and or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, religion, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law