Are you interested in helping elect more Democrats to the U.S. Senate? Come work at the DSCC!
The DSCC Digital Department is hiring for the following positions. Interested candidates should submit a resume to the email address listed for each posting as soon as possible:
The DSCC Compliance Department is hiring for the following position. Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line:
The DSCC is seeking candidates for the following campaign positions. Interested candidates should submit a resume to the email address listed:
The DSCC Finance Department is hiring for the following positions. Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line:
Job Title: Deputy Digital Director
Location: Washington, DC
About the Job:
The DSCC, the only committee working 100% to elect a Democratic Senate majority, is seeking a Deputy Digital Director in its Washington, D.C. office to play a critical role in managing all aspects of the committee’s digital program. They will report to the Director of Integrated Marketing.
The Deputy will primarily focus on planning, executing, and writing the email program. The candidate should be someone who can take the lead in strategizing and setting a calendar to fundraise online and meet aggressive goals. They should also have solid knowledge of the political landscape and 2018 Senate races.
In this role, the Deputy will have the opportunity to engage and grow the DSCC list, as well as help drive the digital voice of the organization.
- You’ll work in close partnership with the Director to manage the day-to-day functions of the Digital department, long-term strategy and vision of the team, and develop the tactics required to meet them.
- You’ll manage a large email program, encompassing email calendaring and message drafting, outlining audience targeting strategy, and implementing A/B testing.
- You’ll maintain all internal tracking documents and oversee quality control of email and landing page execution.
- You’ll identify opportunities for online engagement through tracking digital analytics and trends to grow the online program.
- You’ll direct the social media team to produce content for Facebook page and Twitter account.
- You’ll work with digital team members and consultants to develop and approve online ad strategy.
- You’ll advise 2018 Senate digital campaigns on how to achieve online goals.
The ideal candidate:
- Takes initiative to seize moment-driven opportunities, test new creative and online tactics, and propose new voices and ideas to represent the organization
- Manages competing and urgent priorities well, from drafting on rapid response deadlines to implementing longer-term projects
- Is comfortable writing compelling emails from scratch and often under pressure that span multiple internal and external signers
- Has an eagle eye for detail, especially when it comes to proofreading
- Understands acquisition goals and how to stay on course to meet them
- Works well in a team, maintains a positive attitude, and understands how to change course as needed in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Knows basic HTML/CSS, including solutions involved to ensure perfect email delivery and how to explain them to team members
- Navigates well with CRMs and CMSs – preferably Blue State Digital and ActBlue
- Is flexible to work long hours and weekends as needed
Preferably, the candidate would have some of these characteristics:
- Two cycles of election experience, preferably on a digital team for a political candidate or advocacy organization/non-profit
- Social media creativity to capitalize on opportune moments
- Previous experience managing a digital team/staffers
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. This is not a telework position.
The DSCC is seeking a creative, talented, and self-motivated individual interested in learning more about digital marketing and communications to fill the role of Membership Coordinator. This individual will help the marketing team maximize its capacity for fundraising by managing grassroots donor relations by supporting the Direct Marketing and Digital programs’ general operations.
- Being the primary point of contact for grassroots donor relations — Digital and Direct Marketing — at the committee
- Answering phone calls and emails that require a live response
- Tracking and reporting on donor feedback and comments
- Producing and sending email blasts; supporting the Digital program’s quality control by ensuring messages meet standards of grammar, accuracy, functioning links, etc.
- Assisting with maintenance of existing website and online content; creation of new content areas and interactive elements, including signup forms, donation pages, and other specialized content
- Helping to develop social media content and posting it on the committee’s social media platforms
- Working as part of a collaborative team to develop and implement digital strategy
- Staying abreast of current technology and digital strategy and seeking new ways to utilize new technology and strategies
- Participating in strategy meetings
- Other duties as required
- Commitment to the election of Democrats to the U.S. Senate
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, collaborative environment. Candidates must be able to bring ideas to the table and take direction well.
- Superior time management, planning, troubleshooting, and communications skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
Helpful, but not required
- Experience with membership management
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with a mass mailer program like Blue State Digital, SilverPop, NGP, Convio, Constant Contact, or similar programs
- Prior experience with Photoshop or other graphic design software
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to [email protected]. This is not a telework position.
Job Title: Compliance Assistant
Job Status: Exempt
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is looking for a detail-oriented individual to join the Compliance Department. The Compliance Assistant’s responsibilities include being the primary point of contact for the Committee’s donor compliance requests, including responding to phone calls and emails. In addition, the position will support the best efforts program, processing and posting revenue, payables, maintaining departmental files, and providing administrative support for the Compliance Department. The department assistant can expect to work on a variety of short-term and ad hoc projects.
- Experience requirement – 1-2 years of political campaign, membership management and/or accounting experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands
Applicants interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please send attachments as Word or PDF documents
Job Title: State Campaign Digital Director
Democratic Senate Campaigns Seek Digital Directors For 2018 Cycle
Digital Directors will supervise and execute online campaigns for Senate candidates. Digital Directors will report directly to the Campaign Manager and coordinate the digital department’s work in conjunction with the communications and fundraising departments to increase the effectiveness of each aspect of a campaign’s activity online.
- Email Content Creation and Fundraising
- Write, test, and send email fundraising copy
- Segment lists to increase performance
- Identify opportunities for joint actions with supportive organizations
- Social Media
- Produce engaging written content and graphics for social media platforms
- Grow audience and increase engagement on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Work with digital ad firm on acquisition and GOTV efforts
- Track, evaluate and report on metrics
Preferred, but not required
- Create email graphics (basic familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva)
- Shoot and edit photo and video content to support campaign communications
Qualified Candidates will have a mix of these qualities:
- Digital work experience on a Democratic or progressive campaign
- Digital copywriting and editing experience
- Contributed to a successful email fundraising program (Required)
- Proficiency with digital fundraising tools including ActBlue, Blue State Digital, NGP
- Coding experience (HTML, CSS)
- Graphic design, photo and video production skills
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Job Title: Regional Finance Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Entry level fundraising staff
Applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have some political campaign experience (preferably fundraising experience). Responsibilities include identifying and tracking donors, database maintenance, processing checks, maintaining spreadsheets, making fundraising calls, staffing fundraising events and other administrative tasks related to fundraising. This position is ideal for both recent college graduates and individuals with at least some previous campaign experience. Knowledge of campaign database software, such as NGP, preferred.
Applicants interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please send attachments as Word or PDF documents.
Campaign Job Bank
Campaigns are looking to fill staff positions to join the fight for the Senate. If you have experience working in politics, specifically in research or fundraising, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Applicants should be passionate about electing Democrats to the Senate, have experience working at least one cycle on a campaign, and be self-starters who can bring commitment and passion to the table. Must be willing to relocate. Please send attachments as Word or PDF documents.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The DSCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, physical and or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, religion, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DSCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DSCC employee. The DSCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.